25 Elliott Street
Phone: 04 – 499 5414
Pressure Point Limited is New Zealand’s reseller for AKA® Classification software and DocBanq EDRMS.
AKA Features and Benefits
a.k.a.® is thesaurus software for the creation and management of classification schemes, thesauri or taxonomies for any purpose. a.k.a.® is rich in functionality and is particularly easy to use.
Classification schema and taxonomies supported
a.k.a.®'s term definition screen enables thesaurus terms to be named to suit any classification scheme. a.k.a.® supports a range of classification schemes including:
- ISO 15489 Business Activity Classification Schemes
- ISO 2788 thesauri
- Controlled (authority) lists
- Acronym lists
a.k.a.® can be used to manage one-to-many or many-to-many linked classification schemes. a.k.a.® delivers genuine keyword in context linking.
a.k.a.® imports thesauri and classification schemes from the following sources:
- Keyword AAA Formats (including Keyword for Councils)
- PowerDOCS (Hummingbird)
- TRIM Context and Captura
a.k.a.® exports thesauri and file plans to the following formats:
- Keyword in Context File Plan to build MS Windows folders
- TRIM Thesaurus (both TRIM Captura and TRIM Context)
- TRIM File Plan (both TRIM Captura and TRIM Context)
- Objective Thesaurus
- Hummingbird File Plan
- RecFind Thesaurus File Titling Plan
- HTML Online Thesaurus
- CSV file
Publication to the web
a.k.a.® enables users to publish their complete thesaurus including controlled lists to a fully navigable web thesaurus. The online thesaurus can be published to the intranet and is then fully searchable in the intranet search engine. The HTML export facility provides:
- The ability to publish pages into a nominated directory
- Clearance of files from the directory on creation
- The ability to create a single zip containing html pages
- Level 1 access to the terms
- Alphabetical access to terms
a.k.a.® ships with a range of sample templates which you can customise to the look, feel and functionality of your intranet.
Search facilities within a.k.a.® enables thesaurus creators to search across the entire thesaurus. Search facilities include:
- Search across all terms
- Search using wildcards
- Search within scope notes and glossary terms
- Search within controlled lists
a.k.a.® delivers a comprehensive range of reports allowing the user to define the number of levels to publish, select from top level terms, generate a cover page and incorporate company logos. All reports can be previewed onscreen, and published into a range of formats including PDF, RTF, Text and HTML. Standard reports include:
- Alphabetical thesaurus
- Tree (File Plan)
- Orphans report for unlinked terms
- Controlled lists
- Business classification scheme
- Preferred acronyms
- Glossary of terms
- Changed terms
DocBanq recognises that managing documents is a crucial part of doing business in today's competitive world. The last decade has exposed fundamental limitations, in terms of cost, speed and ease-of-use, of conventional client/server electronic document and records management solutions (EDRMS). We intend DocBanq to be the fastest, easiest and most cost-effective EDRMS available.
The DocBanq EDRMS is developed and supplied as DocBanq On-Demand and DocBanq Enterprise Appliance. Our customers come from all over the world and include those in the biomedical, legal, financial services, engineering, consulting and public sectors. We host DocBanq at worldclass data centres; all maintenance, version upgrades and data back-ups are included and are managed in accordance with best practice.
Our priority is to enable your organisation to implement DocBanq and realise the fastest return on your investment. DocBanq can provide a range of services, either directly or via partners, that includes training, support, business analysis and data migration.
DocBank Features Overview
DocBanq provides electronic document and records management systems (EDRMS) that use industry-standard approaches to managing all physical and electronic documents & records, including email, which will allow your organisation to:
- meet the increasing requirements of regulatory regimes and legislation, such as ISO15489, FDA GMP, LAW9000, FSRA and SOX, just to name a few
- reduce the cost and increase the efficiency of storing, finding and retrieving information
The EDRMS field is littered with software systems that are complex, confusing, expensive, hard-to-use and slow. At DocBanq we strive to make everything easy which ultimately means that your organisation will reap the benfits of records management compliance and increased operational efficiency sooner:
- easy-to-use and easy-to-train
- fast, responsive and easy to deploy over the web
- reliable and very cost-effective
With other EDRMS software, you purchase a CD, however with DocBanq you purchase a total EDRMS capability that can be available on your users' desktops within 24 hours.