Testing any system is essential to ensure that all requirements are met by that system. Depending on the size, testing may be user acceptance testing only or a continues process broken down into different areas.
InfocentriK staff have experience with the testing of Information Management Systems as well as with the processes around it. We can assist you with documenting a test-plan, the test-scripts as well as managing the test processes for you.
Typical areas for testing could be:
- Unit Testing in a development environment (this may include component testing)
- Functional Testing (this may include the testing of functional units and User Interface)
- Systems Testing (this may include end-to-end testing of the whole system)
- Non-Functional Requirements Testing (this may include load testing, performance testing, etc.)
- Disaster and Recovery Testing (this may include switching the system to a disaster and recovery environment and roll-back again)
- User Acceptance Testing (this include users of the system testing their use of that system